UK Corporate Video Production Services: Outsourcing Vs In-House
Research has found that audio-visual media is more well-received from a marketing perspective than textual content. The trend makes sense as the numbers of online videos being consumed is growing on a daily basis, making it a crucial part of any business’ marketing strategy. Larger companies choose to manage in-house video production departments, but what about the smaller agencies who cannot afford to maintain these departments? This article will provide information on the pros and cons of outsourcing and using in-house UK video production services.
The In-House Video Production Service
A video production team can include two or three people with knowledge of video production and application of suitable software. If one opts for an in-house production team, even if you are a very small agency, these are the benefits:
• the production team understands the company’s business objectives and unique branding.
• the team is available at all times and is contactable if there is a problem.
• the convenience of having a production team onsite for any impromptu meetings.
• clients can stop by unexpectedly to review the progress of their video production.
• the production team has an interest in the success of the task as they are paid a salary and bonus for the work.
• the production team have insight into the operation of the business, can implement new technology, and can identify the areas where more value can be added to the procedure. costs can also kept low with the use of websites like a WordPress blog to share information of the project
• the team is able to prioritise their resources and time along with the company priorities; therefore, the work can be completed without any rush and will be relevant to the company’s needs.
Unfortunately, working with an in-house UK corporate video production service can also present with disadvantages:
• creativity diminishes as employees tend to have an individual creativity style. When a team is used, there is a perception of outside work being better and a lack of creativeness is often experienced.
• the larger the production team becomes, the slower the progress of the projects as more people work on the items with more processes being put in place.
• the demand for video services fluctuates and while some roles remain busy, such as production, the roles of editing can become idle.
• there is a loss of staff productivity in the team with the individual losing approximately 25% of the time to training, meeting and process requirements.
The Outsourced UK Corporate Video Production Service
Many people feel they can benefit from outsourcing video production instead of hiring an in-house team. The benefits of outsourcing include:
• expert professionals with experience in a plethora of fields.
• the rates can be negotiated regarding the production roles.
• no capital outlay regarding equipment as the professional provides all equipment.
• more creativity is seen as the individual is exposed to other clients.
• professionals are more enthusiastic.
Once again, while this is a beneficial option, there are also several disadvantages to using outsourced production professionals:
• no understanding of your brand and business objectives
• the service is not easily contactable and will charge a fee for rush production
• building a professional relationship can be challenging when you are not working in the same building.
For more video production topics follow out blog at vebucorporatevideo.wixsite.com/videoproduction